Vision is one of the most important as well as one of the most used senses of our body. However, having bad vision can greatly impact your chances of getting an ideal or preferred job.
Vision is one of the most important as well as one of the most used senses of our body. It allows us to see the beauty of nature and perform our personal as well as professional activities effectively. As good vision is a blessing, a bad vision can be a curse in anyone’s life. A bad vision can hinder simple everyday experiences, such as reading books, playing a sport, watching TV, etc. However, what most people do not actually realise is that having bad vision can greatly impact their chances of getting an ideal or preferred job. This is because there are certain professions that actually require perfect or good vision. A few examples:
1. Police: The job of a policeman requires fast action at every step. They need to run after criminals and sometimes hit them from distance. A person with glasses would always be worried about glasses falling off and is considered inappropriate for the job.
2. Fire fighters: These people need an accurate judgement of distance to rescue people who are trapped inside a burning building. Also, they need good vision to see situations such as smoke and darkness.
3. Pilots: Pilots especially army pilots need to meet very strict vision requirements. Also, commercial pilots need to have excellent health, fitness and vision as they carry the responsibility of safety of passengers. In fact, every pilot trainee needs to undergo eye test before obtaining a licence to fly.
4. Physicians and Surgeons: Physicians should have good vision to physically examine the patient, while a surgeon’s work mainly depends upon their good vision and good hand-to-eye coordination. Also, the with the air conditioning in the operation theatres, the glasses might fog, disturbing the vision.
5. Photography: A photographer must have good vision to capture beautiful pictures. He also needs to be quick to capture the right moment, and move swiftly, where there will be a risk of glasses falling down.
6. Drivers: Drivers of four or more wheelers require perfect vision to be on the road. Especially night drivers, as they need to face bright vehicle lights while driving in dark nights. Even in the day, time they need good vision to judge the distance and drive safely.
7. Swimmers: It is actually challenging for a person who wears spectacles to swim as spectacles can be lost in water and person will not be able to see properly then.
8. Airhostesses: Airhostess needs to greet people and look great all the time. A spectacle can break your dream of being an airhostess as most of the airlines prefer persons without spectacles.
9. Sports: Almost every sport including cricket, baseball, football, boxing etc. require good vision to judge the ball and play accordingly. In fact, a spectacle is susceptible to breakage especially on field.
10. Life guards: A person with good vision and exceptional alertness can save other people and be a lifeguard.
There are so many other professions too that are not suitable for a person who wears spectacles or does not have the perfect vision.
LASIK is Here to Improve the Odds
Don’t lose heart, “where there is a will, there’s a way”. If you would like to choose any of these professions, but are afraid of rejection due to poor vision, LASIK is here to help you in getting your ideal job. LASIK is the best treatment option to get rid of eye glasses or contact lenses and get the perfect vision. It is a refractive surgery that uses laser to correct vision disorders such as long sightedness, short sightedness or astigmatism. It is the most effective and painless way to gain good vision immediately the next day after the surgery. After laser eye surgery, over 95% of patients gain 20/20 vision, with the remaining 5% having better than average vision too.
Orbit Eye Hospital
Orbit Eye Hospital in Jogeshwari, is one of the most advanced Eye Hospitals in Mumbai. The Hospital has successfully treated over 50,000 patients in the past decade, including patients from across borders. The team of experienced Doctors, technicians and paramedical staff work effortlessly to provide exceptional eye care and treatment to all their patients. Backed by a competent team and infrastructure and ophthalmic & clinical expertise, Orbit Eye Hospital is committed to serving patients and ensure their constant satisfaction.
So if you wear glasses or contact lenses, and now want to get a LASIK surgery done, book your surgery at Orbit Eye Hospital, get priority consultations, dedicated patient assistance, medical loan assistance etc. and give wings to your dreams.
Fill this form to book a priority consultation.1 comment